Downloading eBooks from EBSCOhost to an iPad or iPhone
How can I download eBooks from EBSCOhost to an Apple iPad and read them using the Bluefire Reader app over a wireless connection?
eBooks from EBSCOhost can be downloaded and read with an Apple iPad using the Bluefire reader app available for free from iTunes.
Note: Your device must be running iOS 3.2 or higher.
1. Create an Adobe Digital Editions Online ID. Remember the ID and Password you create.
2. Download the Bluefire Reader app to your iPad/iPhone.
3. Open the Bluefire Reader app on your iPad/iPhone and authorize it by entering the Adobe Online ID you created in step 1 (you should be prompted to authorize automatically once you open the Bluefire app).
4. Create an eBooks from EBSCOhost account. Click on "Sign In" (upper right corner). On the Sign In page, click on Create New Account. This will create your personal EBSCO account that you will use to download/check out e-books.
5. From your iPad/iPhone, use the Safari browser to connect to the W. L. Lyons Brown Library. Under the tab “Catalogs and E-Book Searches” click on “eBooks from EBSCOhost” (if you are prompted for a login and password, use the same combination you use when you logon to your Bellarmine email account). Search the database to locate books of interest to you.
6. When you find a book you would like to download, click on the “Download Offline” link. You will be prompted to sign in using the eBooks from EBSCOhost account that you created in step 4 above.
7. You will be asked to select a checkout period (number of days you will need the book). You will then click on “Checkout and Download".
8. A new screen will pop up with the Bluefire Reader logo. Click on the ‘Open in "Bluefire" button'. This will automatically begin downloading the eBook into the Bluefire Reader app. This may take a few minutes.